This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Posted: 14 Nov 2023
Location: Launceston TAS
We are seeking Registered Nurses to strengthen health outcomes through the provision of safe, quality, clinically appropriate nursing care, in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
- Launceston General Hospital
- Applications close: Sunday 17 December, 2023 11:55 PM
- Award/Classification: Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Award, Registered Nurse, Grade 3 – 4
- Salary: $69,835 to $96,428 pro rata, per annum
- Employment type: Multiple FTE — F/T & P/Tpos
- Region: North
- Location: LGH Charles Street, Launceston
The Registered Nurse — Operating Room Suite (ORS):
- Strengthens health outcomes through the provision of safe, quality, clinically appropriate nursing care, in partnership with patients/clients, their families and other health professionals.
- Is an integral part of the multidisciplinary perioperative team. The primary focus of the ORS nurse is to provide safe, quality, evidence-based care for patients during the perioperative phase of the surgical journey.
- Please review the statement of duties for a full list of duties.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Theatre experience beneficial as an undergraduate or Registered Nurse
- Experience in Anaesthetic /post anaesthetic care, or scrub scout experience
The LGH Operating Room Suite (ORS) supports a multi-disciplinary model of care where teamwork is the priority. The suite covers a diverse range of surgical specialties making for a dynamic environment, currently providing a service for up to nine theatres. The ORS is experiencing a period of development within the nursing structure to embrace new learners including an effective transition to practice programme for graduates, new learners and undergraduate nursing students. The ORS is supported by an education team including specialty specific Clinical Nurse Educators and clinical coaches to help on board staff that are new to the suite.
The LGH ORS has seamless linkages with a collocated sterilising department, a short stay surgical unit and 2 surgical wards completing the footprint that optimises efficiency and effectiveness and provides a high level of patient care.
Life in Launceston offers an enviable lifestyle with affordable real estate; quality education system, stress free commuting, exceptional food and wine, a vibrant café and arts culture and all the entertainment and services needed to contribute to a great work/lifestyle balance. Add to this easily accessible world heritage wilderness and pristine beaches on your doorstep. Take a moment to go on a virtual tour of our beautiful city.
The LGH caters for all major specialties, except for neuro and cardiac surgery, and is the major hospital for the north of the state. The operating room suite has nine theatres including a state-of-the-art hybrid theatre.
Come and join our dynamic and innovative team with rostering based on safe working practices that are aimed at allowing employees the time to enjoy exploring the many activities Tasmania has to offer. Teamwork, respect and trust is a focus in our workplace along with commitment to best patient care outcomes. Thinking about moving to Tasmania? makeittasmania.com.au
Details of Appointment:
Multiple permanent, full time and part time, shift worker positions working up to 76 hours per fortnight commencing as soon as possible.
- Applicants should note that, for a period of twelve months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $69,835 — $96,428 per annum + 11% superannuation + access to salary packaging
In addition, the following allowances calculated on the salaried incremental point may be available:
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $90,293 — $96,428 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
*Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Minimum 12 months Operating Room experience within the last 3 years
- Minimum of 3 years’ Operating Room experience within the last 5 years
- Successful completion of a 12-month Transition to Practice, Perioperative Program
- Attainment of Post Graduate Certificate, or greater, in the area of Perioperative Nursing
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
For More Information:
Position: Nurse Unit Manager
Phone: (03) 6777 6626 or 0417 522 213