This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Remote Area Nurse Cover
Posted: 23 Jan 2023
Location: Kintore NT
The role of RAN is to work as part of the PHHS clinical team delivering a comprehensive approach to primary health and integrated emergency care.
- 2 positions available
- Travel & accommodation provided
- 150k per annum
- 1 Remote Area Nurses to cover in Kintore for the period 27 January 2023 to 24 February 2023
- 1 Remote Area Nurses to cover in Kintore for the period 27 January 2023 to mid-March 2023
Why Pintupi Homelands Health Service?
Pintupi Homelands Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (PHHSA) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO) established in 1985, providing holistic healthcare to the Pintupi people of the extremely remote community of Kintore (Walungurru). PHHSA has an extensive range of clinical services and programs.
What’s in it for you?
- $150,000 Salary per annum
- Salary Sacrifice $15,900 plus superannuation
- Flexible working
- Travel and accommodation
- Fantastic team and work culture
What’s the role?
The role of RAN is to work as part of the PHHS clinical team delivering a comprehensive approach to primary health and integrated emergency care which includes but not limited to:
- Maintenance of patient information and management system (which includes recalls and information that are sensitive in nature)
- Treatment of acute illness
- 24/7 Emergency care
- Antenatal and post-natal care
- Child health care
- Child and adult immunisations
- Well person screening
- Management of chronic disease
- Sexual health
The RAN must adhere to PHHS core values and proactively contribute to PHHS vision of providing a high quality, culturally safe and appropriate health care.
Is the role right for you?
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse
- Manual Drivers Licence (NT licence after 3 months service) and a willingness to travel by 4WD
- A minimum of three years full-time broad-based nursing experience demonstrating a sound professional background and ability to work with minimal supervision and/or with autonomy
- Understanding of issues affecting Aboriginal health, principles of Primary Health Care and relevant legislation governing work practice
What’s it like living in Kintore?
Walungurru aka Kintore is situated 530 kilometres west of Alice Springs in the Pintupi Homelands, nestled at the base of culturally important hills, Pulikatjara, meaning two hills. The population is around 450 and mostly made up of Pintupi people with a small population of Walpiri people. The community dates back to 1981 when the Pintubi moved back from Papunya. The main language spoken is Pintupi/Luritja, with other languages such as Warlpiri, Arrenda and Pitjantjatjara also spoken. Often English is a third or fourth language of a community member.
If this sounds like a role for you, we want to hear from you.
Want to find out more about this opportunity? Please contact Megan Dennis on 08 8982 1002 or firstname.lastname@example.org