This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job
Voluntary Non-Executive Director, Financial Governance
Posted: 12 May 2023
This voluntary Board Member position will provide a financial governance skillset to the Board to complement the Chief Financial Officer.
CRANAplus is the peak professional body for remote health. Our not-for-profit organisation’s mission is to represent, support, and educate the remote and isolated health workforce to promote the development and delivery of safe, high-quality healthcare.
We provide a wide range of services, supports, and opportunities to nurses, midwives, and other health professionals and we employ teams through our Cairns and Adelaide based offices, and a broad team of remote staff throughout Australia.
- About CRANAplus & CRANAplus Values: crana.org.au/about
- Strategic Direction: crana.org.au/about-us/strategic-direction
- First Peoples Strategy: crana.org.au/about-us/first-peoples-strategy
- Annual reports: crana.org.au/annual-reports
Participation on our Board Committee
CRANAplus’ Board of Directors are accomplished health professionals and bring a wealth of experience regarding our membership base, strategic direction, and remote health practice.
This voluntary Board Member position will provide a financial governance skillset to the Board to complement the Chief Financial Officer. A term is for two (2) years.
The position will undertake general Board Member duties, and specific financial governance responsibilities include:
- Setting the strategic direction and monitoring of financial performance.
- Reviewing and approval of the annual budget and operation plan.
- Providing financial critical analysis on Board matters and decision making.
- Chairing the Audit and Risk Sub-Committee which provides oversight on:
- Reviewing and overseeing systems of risk management, internal control and legal compliance.
- Reviewing and monitoring the integrity of the organisation’s financial reports and statements, including the audit management reports.
The CRANAplus Board meets Bi-monthly through a schedule of video meetings and in person attendance. This position could expect to be available for two-day face to face Board meetings (3 a year), be available for travel, and undertake prescribed work outside of meetings, working closely with the CFO.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this Board Member position will meet the below criteria.
- Current member of either the Institute of Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia, or the Institute of Public Accountants.
- Hold rural and remote health knowledge and experience (or ability to quickly acquire an understanding).
- Experience within the Not For Profit industry (although not required); either through prior Board Member positions, auditing experience of Not For Profits, or working within the industry.
- Previous experience as a Board Member, or the ability and willingness to learn the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of culturally safe practices, and the ability to work respectfully, effectively, and collaboratively with diverse population groups.
- Ability to travel within Australia as required and agreed.
Expressions of Interest
CRANAplus requests that you please provide your professional profile and introduction of no more than 2 pages to Steven Dangaard (CFO) via email@example.com
Advertising will conclude 9 June 2023, however expressions of interest will be reviewed ongoing, and advertising may close at an earlier date, so please don’t delay in making contact. Conversations may commence during this time.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.