This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job.
Dialysis Nurse Remote
Posted: 7 Feb 2024
Location: Alice Springs NT
If you’re looking for a new adventure in 2024, look no further. We are searching for warm, compassionate, adventurous Haemodialysis Nurses
- Western Desert Dialysis
- Kintore, Alice Springs & Central Australia NT
- Nursing — General Medical & Surgical (Healthcare & Medical)
- Full time
- $90,628 pa + 11% Super + Allowances + Salary Pack
About Purple House
We began 23 years ago with a knock-out exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW which raised over a million dollars. People from the remotest, most beautiful part of the desert, then used this money to develop their own organisation, with a culture of caring, compassion and determination.
At the time, the focus was to get family members home to Kintore on dialysis, for people to be looked after on country and to maintain the traditions of looking after country and passing on cultural heritage to future generations.
It took a little time…and a lot of hard work…but in 2004, Purple House started dialysis in Kintore, the first of its kind, and set a precedence for many others to follow.
Today we’re proud to say we have collaborated, supported and helped many communities to get their people home and now operate dialysis in 19 communities across NT, SA and WA. We also run two mobile dialysis trucks, provide a range of support services, run a successful social enterprise and have big plans for more!
We have come a long way in 23 years!
Dialysis Nurse — Remote
If you’re looking for a new adventure in 2024, look no further. We are searching for warm, compassionate, adventurous Haemodialysis Nurses. With a mission to improve the lives of people with renal failure, reunite families and reduce the impact of kidney disease in our communities, we need talented nurses to provide dialysis services in any one of our 19 clinics spread across the Northern Territory, Western Australia, and South Australia. Each of these clinics are set in communities with rich culture, amazing people, and beautiful landscapes.
We provide a completely different experience to the typical hospital or clinical environment. Our nurses have an average of 2 patients at a time and you will be responsible for running your own clinic from setting up dialysis and water testing to ordering supplies and preparing meals for patients. As you can see, we do things a bit different here and no scrubs needed!
It’s a truly rewarding experience living in the heart of Australia and amongst people with the oldest living culture in the world. Come join our team!
We have Full Time and Casual roles available.
We will consider sponsorship for an international candidate.
The role involves:
- Delivering high standard dialysis clinical care in our facilities.
- Coordinating the care of patients with complex health needs.
- Providing training/education to dialysis patients and their families to encourage well-being and self-care.
- Running your own clinic “outside of the hospital environment” working for a community-run healthcare provider.
- Support (leave and financial assistance) for further relevant study.
- A competitive remuneration package of $120K — $140K per annum including PBI salary packaging and a generous Remote Locality Allowance.
- Accommodation, utilities, and high-speed internet provided.
- 7 weeks’ annual leave for Full Time.
- Variety to work in a unit on your own or as part of a team.
- You have a person-centred focus and eye on our goal of getting people home on country.
- You are known for your compassion and empathy.
- You are a self-starter and can work autonomously.
- You can communicate with all sorts of people.
- You can think on your feet to negotiate and solve problems.
- You are culturally curious and have respect for culture and country.
- You are passionate and ready for a challenge. (But we are all here to share the fun!)
- Your style is flexible, good humoured and resilient.
- You have a minimum 2 years recent haemodialysis experience.
- You are currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA).You have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (3 doses).
- You have an Australian drivers licence or a current International drivers license.
If you think you have what we’re looking for, tell us why by submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We suggest you look at our website, Facebook, and Instagram to see how we roll.
For any enquires regarding the position contact our people team — email@example.com.
No Agencies Please
Applications close 8 March 2024.
People are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on submission; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.