This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Browse through the employment listings below to discover your dream rural or remote health care job.
Dialysis Site Coordinator
Posted: 7 Feb 2024
Location: Alice Springs NT
We are looking for a compassionate and well organised person to coordinate our two-chair dialysis unit in Alice Springs.
- Alice Springs, NT
- Part time: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 6:30 am to 2:30 pm
- $96,626 pa + 11% Super + Allowances + Salary Pack
About Purple House
We began 23 years ago with a knock-out exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW which raised over a million dollars. People from the remotest, most beautiful part of the desert, then used this money to develop their own organisation, with a culture of caring, compassion and determination.
At the time, the focus was to get family members home to Kintore on dialysis, for people to be looked after on country and to maintain the traditions of looking after country and passing on cultural heritage to future generations.
It took a little time…and a lot of hard work…but in 2004, Purple House started dialysis in Kintore, the first of its kind, and set a precedence for many others to follow.
Today we proud to say the we have collaborated, supported and helped many communities to get their people home and now operate dialysis in 19 communities across NT, SA and WA. We also run two mobile dialysis trucks, provide a range of support services, run a successful social enterprise and have big plans for more!
We have come a long way in 23 years!
Dialysis Site Coordinator
We are looking for a compassionate and well organised person to coordinate our two-chair dialysis unit in Alice Springs. We are looking for a strong patient advocate who will support patients in their management of complex comorbidities and developing health literacy.
As site coordinator, you will be responsible for delivering high quality, person-centred dialysis treatment for your patients, as well as oversee the day-to-day operations of the unit, including patient scheduling, equipment maintenance, and supply inventory. You will also help support new nurses in adapting to the Purple House dialysis environment during orientation.
- You have a person-centred focus and are passionate about patient advocacy.
- You are a self-starter and can work autonomously.
- You can communicate with all sorts of people.
- You can think on your feet to negotiate and solve problems.
- You are culturally curious and have respect for culture and country.
- You are passionate and ready for a challenge.
- Your style is flexible, good humoured and resilient.
To be successful, you will;
- have a minimum 2 years’ recent haemodialysis nursing experience.
- have a current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) registration.
- have unrestricted legal rights to work in Australia.
- have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (3 doses).
If you think you have what we’re looking for, tell us why by submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We suggest you look at our website, Facebook, and Instagram to see how we roll.
For any enquiries regarding the position contact our people team — firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Agencies Please
Applications close 8 March 2024.
People are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on submission; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.