Diabetic Foot Assessment
A short online course on Diabetic Foot Assessment for remote health workers, which can be completed independently or as part of our Clinical Assessment Suite.
This short course can assist you to develop a systematic assessment approach to clients who present with diabetic foot symptoms. It can be completed as an individual course, or as part of our Clinical Assessment Suite, which features 11 other short courses/modules which each cover a different type of presentation.
What content is covered?
- A systematic assessment process that leads you to form a clinical impression of your client’s diabetic foot.
- How to gain a relevant history to help with differential diagnosis.
- How to conduct an exam relevant to the remote setting.
- Red flag symptoms: signs and indications for further investigation.
- Diabetic foot emergencies.
- Common presentations.
- Documenting your assessment.
- Communicating your assessment with others.