This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
Mental Health Assessment
A short online course on Mental Health Assessment for remote health workers, which can be completed independently or as part of our Clinical Assessment Suite.
This short course can assist you to develop a systematic assessment approach to clients who present with mental health issues. It can be completed as an individual course, or as part of our Clinical Assessment Suite, which features 11 other short courses/modules which each cover a different type of presentation.
What content is covered?
- A systematic assessment process that leads you to form a clinical impression.
- A brief overview of common mental health presentations.
- The key components of the mental state examination and risk assessments, with some suggested questions to help.
- Red flag symptoms: signs and indications to watch out for.
- Documenting & communicating your assessment.