This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
A short online course on Renal Assessment for remote health workers, which can be completed independently or as part of our Clinical Assessment Suite.
This short course can assist you to develop a systematic assessment approach to clients who present with renal symptoms. It can be completed as an individual course, or as part of our Clinical Assessment Suite, which features 11 other short courses/modules which each cover a different type of presentation.
What content is covered?
- A systematic assessment process that leads you to form a clinical impression of your client’s renal status.
- How to gain a relevant history to help with differential diagnosis.
- How to conduct an exam relevant to the remote setting.
- Red flag’ symptoms: signs and indications for further investigation.
- Renal emergencies.
- Common presentations.
- Documenting your assessment.
- Communicating your assessment with others.