This site may not work properly using older versions of Edge and Internet Explorer. You should upgrade your browser to the latest Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, or any other modern browser of your choice. Click here for more information.
This is where we tell your stories, cover topical issues and promote meaningful initiatives
COVID-19 Safety on CRANAplus Courses
Deputy CEO and Executive Director of Education, Amelia Druhan, outlines CRANAplus’ COVIDsafe protocols for course delivery. Designed to keep the workforce and vulnerable communities safe, these relate to venue choice, PPE, vaccination requirements, refunds, and more.
With 2022 well underway, so too is the busy schedule of course delivery for the CRANAplus Education team. We continue to adapt, flex and find new ways to meet the needs of our course participants and overcome the impediments imposed by COVID-19.
Those of you who have been on one of our face-to-face courses recently will already be familiar with our COVIDsafe planning and protocols. With the emergence of more transmissible variants and the ‘opening up’ of the country, we have added further precautions.
A comprehensive COVIDsafe Plan is completed for each face-to-face course, inclusive of measures taken before, during and after courses to reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of the virus.
All state/territory public health requirements are met as a minimum, but in many instances are exceeded out of an abundance of caution.
Some features of our COVIDsafe Plan include:
- Venue bookings with providers that have their own COVIDsafe plan in place and can accommodate physical distancing protocols
- A requirement for evidence of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination status for participants and teaching teams
- Mandatory exposure/risk screening and declaration upon entry to course
- Ample PPE provisions and protocols, including appropriate face masks provided daily by CRANAplus. Face shields are available where required or preferenced by those in attendance
- Regular sanitising and cleaning of equipment throughout the skills stations.
- Maximising ventilation of rooms and offering catering and breaks outdoors (venue and weather permitting)
- A full refund policy to support participants needing to withdraw from course due to matters related to the pandemic.
All CRANAplus Course Coordinators travel with a supply of rapid antigen tests (RATs) available for use on course as required.
So as not to further disadvantage an already stretched workforce managing a high degree of unpredictability, we continue to offer full refund policy to support participants needing to withdraw from courses due to matters related to the pandemic.
We understand everyone’s need for reassurance at this difficult stage of the pandemic.
If you would like further information about our COVIDsafe Plan and our protocols please don’t hesitate to contact our team; everyone is well-placed to assist you.
I take this opportunity to thank all staff, volunteers and participants who help so willingly and capably to ensure we do everything we can to limit transmission of COVID-19 on courses.
This is a true expression of the values of CRANAplus and our mission to protect vulnerable populations and communities.
Deputy CEO and Executive Director of Education
Browse the current CRANAplus Course Calendar.