ALS - Advanced Life Support
Accreditations & Endorsements
Non Member: $650
Upcoming Course with Vacancies
About this Course
- Do you panic when confronted with a cardiac emergency?
- Do you want to improve your management of adult cardiac arrest?
- Are you expected to be a competent Advanced Life Support provider?
The CRANAplus Advanced Life Support (ALS) One Day Course is based on ANZCOR Guidelines and best practice principles. The course will provide the remote health workforce with the advanced life support skills required in the management of the patient prior, during and after a cardio respiratory arrest with an emphasis on care in the remote and isolated setting.
CRANAplus encourages candidates to apply the advanced life support knowledge and skills learnt within the context of the policies of the employing health service.
Who is this course for?
The ALS One Day Course is designed to meet the learning needs of the health workforce (Nurses, Midwives, Paramedics, and Medical Officers) who may be required to provide ALS. This ALS course is contextualised for the remote and isolated practitioner who may be working in the environment with limited resources. The one day face to face workshop enables clinicians practice and develop their clinical skills in a simulated environment.
CRANAplus recommends that ALS is completed every two years.
Basic Life Support (BLS) is a prerequisite for enrolment in our ALS course, and you will need to provide evidence of your annual BLS currency when enrolling in the ALS course. This evidence can be sent to email@example.com
If you do not have current BLS the CRANAplus BLS course is available free of charge with your ALS enrolment . Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note: Failure to provide evidence of BLS currency will mean that ALS certification cannot be provided.
The CRANAplus Advanced Life Support One Day Course consists of the following:
- Online pre-course learning and assessments that must be completed one week before the course
Advanced Life Support online theory modules and assessment - approx. 8 hours of study
- Attendance at a one day workshop consisting of lectures, skill stations and practical based scenarios
- An individual scenario based clinical skills assessment
If you are seeking RACGP continuing professional development points you must also, in addition to the above, complete and submit a reinforcing activity.
Graduates will be able to:
- Describe normal cardiac anatomy and physiology
- Incorporate advanced life support skills and knowledge in the management of cardio-respiratory arrest including post-resuscitation care
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of clinical deterioration
- Identify life threatening cardiac arrhythmias and 12 ECG changes
- Describe the legal, ethical and OH&S issues in relation to advanced life support
- Demonstrate complex clinical decision-making, effective team leadership and advanced communication skills in the management of cardio-respiratory arrest
On successful completion participants will be awarded:
- A CRANAplus Advanced Life Support Certificate (Valid for 2 years)
Absolutely love CRANAplus courses. The relaxed environment and approach of the course makes it much better to learn and you get so much more from the course.
Mt Isa, Qld 2016