TEC - Triage Emergency Care
Upcoming Courses with Vacancies
About this Course
- Are you required to effectively and efficiently assess and triage emergency patients and primary presentations in your work?
- Do you need to enhance your triage skills?
- Are you familiar with the Australasian Triage Scale and Emergency Triage Education Kit?
The CRANAplus Triage Emergency Care course (TEC) is based on the Emergency Triage Education Kit (ETEK) with a focus on application for rural, remote and isolated settings. The course upskills the rural triage practitioner to confidently assess patients and apply the Australasian Triage Scale to allocate an appropriate triage category.
Who is this course for?
The course is designed to meet the learning needs of the remote and rural health workforce, especially Nurses and rural General Practitioners who may be required to perform triage.
If you have any queries about the course or its relevance to your practice, submit an enquiry here.
The CRANAplus Triage Course meets WACHS policy requirements for Triage training and assessment and successful participants will receive RPL status.
The CRANAplus Triage Emergency Care consists of 2 components;
- Online pre-course learning and assessments that must be completed one week before the course
- Attendance at a one-day workshop consisting of lectures and practical based scenarios and activities.
On successful completion of this course, clinicians will be able to:
- Demonstrate the principles of triage assessment techniques using a primary survey approach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Australasian Triage Scale and its implementation in the workplace.
- Develop an understanding of the medico-legal aspects of triage.
- Develop an understanding of the unique differences between urban and rural triage practices.
- Describe the techniques for physical assessment.
On successful completion participants will be awarded:
- A CRANAplus Triage Emergency Care Course Certificate (Valid for 2 years)
CRANAplus have never let me down and always walk away with new knowledge. I found after all the information I read and attending the day seminar that I now feel more confident when assessing triage.
Participant, Innisfail, QLD June 2016