BLS - Basic Life Support
Accreditations & Endorsements
Upcoming Courses with Vacancies
About this Course
- Are you part of a health team that requires Basic Life Support (BLS) skills?
- Would you know how to save a life when there is no breathing or response present?
- Is BLS part of your organisations annual core competence requirement?
Basic Life Support (BLS) is an annual organisational requirement for all health workers and practitioners. The CRANAplus BLS course is designed to provide a flexible learning opportunity that will ensure best practice and is contextualised to the remote and isolated setting.
Who is this course for?
Registered Nurses, Registered Midwives, Enrolled Nurses, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Health Workers/Practitioners, Paramedics, Ambulance Officers, Medical Officers and other remote health practitioners. It is ideally suited for Health Professionals practising in remote and isolated settings who require this skill set annually.
BLS is also a prerequisite for many courses, including the CRANAplus Advanced Life Support course.
If you have any queries about the course or its relevance to your practice, submit an enquiry here.
CRANAplus Basic Life Support is offered in 2 formats:
- Assessment via online learning and assessment and an individual BLS clinical skills assessment (this can be done by a local assessor or via Skype)
- Face to face course consisting of lectures, skill stations and practical based scenarios with the theory assessment and the individual BLS clinical assessment completed on-course.
CRANAplus can also deliver BLS as a Unit of Competency HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
For a private face to face course, please contact the Business Development Officer for further information.
On successful completion of this course, clinicians will be able to::
- Perform Basic Life Support as per Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Describe the components of the BLS algorithm (DRSABCD)
- List the steps in using an automated external defibrillator (AED) and safety precautions
- Discuss cessation of BLS
“I loved being able to do the theory online, in my own time and then do the practical via Skype. It was far less time consuming and also more enjoyable this way”.
eRemote User, Adelaide