PEC - Paediatric Emergency Care
Non Member: $1100
Upcoming Course with Vacancies
About this Course
- Do you need to enhance or refresh your emergency paediatric skills?
- Are you prepared to provide emergency treatment to an ill or injured paediatric client?
- Do you require Basic Paediatric Life Support skills and certification?
The CRANAplus Paediatric Emergency Care (PEC) course is an interactive, practical course that covers aspects of the emergency management of children in the remote and isolated settings. The course aims to increase your knowledge and skills with paediatric presentations and focuses on assessment, communication and management of paediatric emergency situations.
PEC is based on current evidence and Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines providing the health workforce with:-
- Core paediatric emergency skills
- Paediatric Basic Life Support skills
CRANAplus encourages clinicians to apply the knowledge and skills acquired within each individual’s scope of practice and the guidelines of their health service
Who is this course for?
The course is designed to meet the learning needs of the remote, rural and isolated health workforce (Nurses, Midwives, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Clinicians Paramedics and Medical Officers) who may be required to provide emergency care to children.
If you have any queries about the course or its relevance to your practice, submit an enquiry here.
The PEC course uses a blended learning approach:
- Online pre-course modules that must be completed one week prior to the course
- Attendance at a two day face to face workshop consisting of guided discussions, practical skill stations and context-based scenarios led by experienced clinicians with context based scenarios
- Paediatric Basic Life Support clinical skills assessment
- An individual scenario-based clinical skills assessment
On successful completion of this course, clinicians will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and systematic approach to the assessment and management of the ill and/or injured infant and child
- Demonstrate an understanding of clinical deterioration and apply this knowledge to the early identification and management of the ill and/or injured infant and child
- Demonstrate an understanding of the practical skills required to manage an ill and / or injured child
- Demonstrate effective and accurate clinical handover
- Demonstrate Paediatric Basic Life Support as per the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
On successful completion participants will be awarded:
- A CRANAplus Paediatric Emergency Care Certificate (Valid for 2 years)
- A CRANAplus Paediatric Basic Life Support Certificate (Valid for 1 year)
PEC has clarified and increased my confidence to more effectively assess and treat children presenting to our emergency department. The online modules and resources were comprehensive, appropriate and very interesting. Thanks
Dubbo, NSW 2016